No one is perfect, and that goes for our justice system and the laws that govern. Because we live in an imperfect system we must be vigilant and active to ensure life, liberty, and our pursuit of happiness is in no way unlawfully infringed. Our imperfect system leaves some needing help and representation in deprivation of their basic freedoms. Unfortunately, there are also times where those we have entrusted to provide and protect our basic freedoms and rights are the very ones who unlawfully abuse that power and our trust. Confidentially contacting an attorney is one of the best ways to understand your civil rights as a and ensure fair treatment.
Our civil rights go much deeper than the 1964 Civil Rights Act (landmark civil rights and labor law) outlawing discrimination based on race, color, religion, sexual orientation, or national origin. Civil rights actions include protecting individual constitutional rights, especially as it relates to our justice system, under the Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Eighth, and Fourteenth Amendments.
We have represented clients in several civil rights areas...
- who have been wrongfully convicted, imprisoned, and later exonerated,
- who have been deprived of their due process and other rights in the criminal justice system,
- who have suffered civil rights violations under Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972,
- who have experienced unfair and unequal labor practices and discrimination under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act (and all applicable state laws),
- in several other section 1983 claims for deprivation of individual civil rights.
If you have questions or concerns about these rights and would like to know more, please contact us for more information!